Civil Engineering Designer
Alabama Engineering Company, Inc. is currently looking for a Civil Engineering Designer to support local engineering and survey operations in Birmingham, AL.
Qualified applicants must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software like Carlson Civil Suite or MicroStation. Any engineering, surveying or drafting courses or a degree are preferable. Applicant will be responsible for preparing individual lot plot and grading plans, assisting engineers preparing construction plans, and working with engineers, surveyors and project managers in order to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as operating as a Civil or Survey Designer or Draftsman
- Proficient in CAD software like MicroStation or Carlson Civil Suite
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Survey or site construction field experience preferred
- Subdivision plat checking experience
- Experience with eBee fixed wing drone and post flight processing
- FAA drone license
- Generous salary based on skills and experience
- Flexible hours
- Company paid medical Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company matching retirement plan (Simple IRA)
- No overnight travel